The owner of Bargain Booze and Wine Rack, Conviviality, has announced plans to file for administration within two weeks.
Conviviality also supplies wine and spirits to all 900 D Weatherspoon pubs and also the Slug & Lettuce chain and All Bar One pubs.
It has issued profit warnings in recent weeks and revealed a £30m tax bill. The company sought £125m from investors but said it had been unable to raise those funds.
Conviviality employs about 2,500 staff and their jobs are now at risk.
Conviviality had been trying to raise £125m to keep the business going, but had announced that those attempts had failed.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Ski firm Sunweb faces legal fight over ticket refund plan - 28th May 2020
- Coronavirus: Watchdog threatens legal action on holiday and wedding refunds - 13th May 2020
- ‘Corona divorce’: A Japanese rental firm offers apartments to give couples time apart from their spouses - 30th April 2020
- EasyJet’s founder threatens to sue airline executives - 27th April 2020
- Section on Coronavirus Act 2020 introduced for Landlords - 16th April 2020