The owner of Bargain Booze and Wine Rack, Conviviality, has announced plans to file for administration within two weeks.
Conviviality also supplies wine and spirits to all 900 D Weatherspoon pubs and also the Slug & Lettuce chain and All Bar One pubs.
It has issued profit warnings in recent weeks and revealed a £30m tax bill. The company sought £125m from investors but said it had been unable to raise those funds.
Conviviality employs about 2,500 staff and their jobs are now at risk.
Conviviality had been trying to raise £125m to keep the business going, but had announced that those attempts had failed.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: UK government gives Pfizer legal indemnity to protect it from being sued - 3rd December 2020
- Harry Dunn’s parents lose high court legal challenge over immunity case - 3rd December 2020
- Dementia in Football: Taskforce to be created by PFA to examine issue of brain injury diseases - 2nd December 2020
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020