Children affected by a family break-up will be helped to stay in contact with their grandparents under reforms being contemplated by ministers in Scotland. They are considering a legal presumption that children stay in touch after a divorce or separation. At present, grandparents have no legal entitlement to their grandchildren.
Currently, grandparents in Scotland can apply for a contact order, or a residence order if they believe the children should live with them. However, in England grandparents and have no automatic right to apply for contact.
Should grandparents in England have legal entitlement to their grandchildren?
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Super League side Hull warn of legal action over Israel Folau signing - 20th February 2020
- Rangers and Sports Direct in Court Battle over Replica Kit - 6th February 2020
- Former Liverpool FC Captain, Steven Gerrard wins legal battle against sportswear firms - 23rd January 2020
- Diego Maradona wins £59k Dolce and Gabbana court settlement - 13th January 2020
- Volkswagen seeks damages in legal dispute - 13th January 2020