Children affected by a family break-up will be helped to stay in contact with their grandparents under reforms being contemplated by ministers in Scotland. They are considering a legal presumption that children stay in touch after a divorce or separation. At present, grandparents have no legal entitlement to their grandchildren.
Currently, grandparents in Scotland can apply for a contact order, or a residence order if they believe the children should live with them. However, in England grandparents and have no automatic right to apply for contact.
Should grandparents in England have legal entitlement to their grandchildren?
If you are looking for family advice then please call 0161 624 6811 to speak to Terri Pickup in our Family Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Dua Lipa facing fresh copyright lawsuit over hit song Levitating - 5th August 2023
- Budget retailer Wilko on brink of collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk - 3rd August 2023
- Three brothers win court battle with tennis coach sister over mother’s £1m will - 29th July 2023
- Virgin Media O2 announces plans to slash up to 2,000 jobs - 26th July 2023
- Burger van chef wins fight to keep £5m inheritance from customer - 21st July 2023