Children affected by a family break-up will be helped to stay in contact with their grandparents under reforms being contemplated by ministers in Scotland. They are considering a legal presumption that children stay in touch after a divorce or separation. At present, grandparents have no legal entitlement to their grandchildren.
Currently, grandparents in Scotland can apply for a contact order, or a residence order if they believe the children should live with them. However, in England grandparents and have no automatic right to apply for contact.
Should grandparents in England have legal entitlement to their grandchildren?
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Covid-19 Pandemic could result in 3,500 potentially avoidable cancer deaths - 24th September 2020
- Incredible Edible Todmorden - 4th September 2020
- Cosmetic Surgery Practitioners breaching lockdown rules to visit clients’ homes - 3rd September 2020
- Lionel Messi transfer: Barcelona star faces legal battle over contract - 30th August 2020
- Jaguar Land Rover loses court battle over Defender trademark - 21st August 2020