Our fees will vary depending on the terms of the Will or the nature of the intestacy and the complexity and value of the estate. For example if there is one beneficiary and no property and Inheritance Tax is not payable our costs will be lower than if there are multiple beneficiaries, multiple bank accounts, a property and Inheritance Tax needs to be paid.
Wills and Probate Fixed Fees
1. Full Administration Service
As a guide our fees for acting for an executor and dealing with an uncontested full administration will usually range between £1,500.00 and £5,000.00 plus VAT and disbursements. Our fees are calculated using a combination of an hourly rate of between £175.00 and £201.00 plus 1.5% of the net residuary estate and 0.75% of the net value of any residence (in accordance with the Law Society’s Guidance) Before undertaking any work, we offer a free initial appointment at which we will give you an initial estimate of our likely costs. Disbursements are costs related to your case that are payable to 3rd parties and include items such as
- Probate Court fee of £155.00 plus £1.50 per copy of the Grant
- Bankruptcy Search of £2.00 per beneficiary
- Statutory Creditors notices of approx. £200.00
The cost of dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included. What is included is :
- the advice and experience of a dedicated Probate Solicitor
- identifying the legally appointed executors/administrators and beneficiaries
- registering the death with the relevant financial authorities and gathering the necessary evidence to complete the application for the Grant.
- Dealing with HMRC and the Probate Registry to obtain the Grant, collect assets, settle liabilities and prepare full estate Accounts
- Liaising with HMRC and DWP
- Carrying out bankruptcy checks on beneficiaries
- Distributing the estate and obtaining the necessary receipts
On average it takes 6 weeks to obtain the Grant and the whole administration should be completed within 6 months (depending on the sale of any property)
2. Grant Only Service
If you provide us with the necessary information, we can simply apply for the Grant on your behalf by completing and submitting the necessary forms to HMRC and the Probate Registry. If no Inheritance Tax is payable, our fees are £695.00 plus VAT plus a Probate Court fee of £155.00 and £1.50 per additional copy.
If Inheritance Tax is payable or a full Inland Revenue accounts is necessary, our fees are £1250.00 plus VAT and a Probate Court fee of £155.00 plus £1.50 per copy.
Please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/work-out-what-part-of-your-estate-pays-inheritance-tax for guidance on whether Inheritance Tax is likely to be payable.
3. Court of Protection
Standard non-contentious Deputyship Applications – our fees are in accordance with the Court of Protection fixed costs currently £950.00 plus VAT and a Court fee of £365.00
All other Court of Protection applications will be based on our hourly rates of £175.00 – £201.00
4. Trust and Deeds
Trust £500.00 – £1,000.00 plus VAT dependant on the type of trust
5. Deed of Variation
£250.00 plus VAT
6. Deed of Renunciation
£150.00 plus VAT
Please contact us for an individual quotation regarding Wills and Probate on 0161 624 6811 (Option 3).