Criminal Injuries

If you have been the victim of a crime of violence, for example if someone has assaulted you, then you can claim. Ordinarily the person may not be insured for that type of claim or the person who assaulted you may have run away.

In these cases compensation is paid by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

Even if you do not know who attacked you or they cannot be found, you can still claim. You can also claim even if you knew your attacker.

Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a government organisation that can pay money (an award) to people who have been physically or mentally injured because they were the blameless victim of a violent crime.

They consider applications and make awards that range from £1,000 to £500,000.

Read more about how Wrigley Claydon is linked to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

To speak to a personal injury solicitor about a possible claim please call us on 0161 624 6811 or use the form below.

Team: Vijay Srivastava and Shalish Mehta

Personal Injury contact form

Personal Injury form

[uncode_block id=”11605″]