The owner of Bargain Booze and Wine Rack, Conviviality, has announced plans to file for administration within two weeks.
Conviviality also supplies wine and spirits to all 900 D Weatherspoon pubs and also the Slug & Lettuce chain and All Bar One pubs.
It has issued profit warnings in recent weeks and revealed a £30m tax bill. The company sought £125m from investors but said it had been unable to raise those funds.
Conviviality employs about 2,500 staff and their jobs are now at risk.
Conviviality had been trying to raise £125m to keep the business going, but had announced that those attempts had failed.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Intellectual Property Dispute: Shanks vs Unilever - 10th January 2019
- Yellow Belly beer brewery to end production - 20th December 2018
- Probert v Moore - 20th December 2018
- British microchip-maker Imagination Technologies calls off legal action against Apple - 13th December 2018
- Scotland is set to become the first country in the world with a minimum price for alcohol sales - 14th November 2018