A grandmother who lost her limbs after getting sepsis from a paper cut has lost her claim for compensation at Scotland’s highest civil court, the Inner House at the Court of Session.
Marguerite Henderson sued her GPs at the Benarty Medical alleging that they didn’t do enough in February 2018 to stop her falling seriously ill.
She alleged that failures in care led to surgeons having no other option but to amputate her left arm and part of the thumb of her right hand and remove both legs under her knees.
The case focused on a dispute whether a scheduled appointment on 28 February 2018 to have the cut examined was cancelled by Mrs Henderson or by a receptionist at the practice.
In her written judgment, Lady Wise said she preferred the receptionist’s evidence concerning the cancellation of the appointment. She said that this account had been supported by other evidence presented to the court.
Our Personal Injury Department has successfully helped clients who have suffered an injury and have successfully secured significant sums of compensation for them. We are accredited by the Law Society as being specialists in this field.
Suffering an injury can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our Personal Injury solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in injury department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- World Snooker Tour threatens legal action against five of its own players - 13th October 2023
- McLaren seeks at least $23 million in damages from Alex Palou - 9th October 2023
- LIV golfer Patrick Reed files defamation lawsuit against Golf Channel and commentator Brandel Chamblee - 1st October 2023
- HMRC files a bankruptcy petition against former Liverpool and England footballer, John Barnes - 27th September 2023
- Millionaire husband and wife accuse their nephew of ‘stealing’ £4million Kensington mews home - 23rd September 2023