Johnny Depp’s defamation litigation against News Group Newspapers over a 2018 article in the Sun newspaper which referred to Depp as a “wife beater” is currently being heard in the High Court.
The article related to allegations made against Depp by actress Amber Heard that he was violent towards her during their marriage, which he denies.
In an earlier hearing the newspaper group’s legal team had previously argued that Depp was in breach of a court order because he had not given the team a series of text messages between himself and his assistant. It said the messages, sent in February and March 2015, demonstrated that Depp was trying to get hold of drugs while staying in Australia with Heard, during which time an incident of domestic abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, the Court ruled that despite the breach Depp would be allowed to continue to his case.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our business solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Man Utd Supporters’ Trust take action after ticket issues - 16th October 2022
- Elizabeth Ramus loses court case against her daughter over Millionaire ex-husbands will. - 5th October 2022
- Madeleine McCann’s parents lose court case against Portugal detective - 3rd October 2022
- Sony PlayStation faces UK class action lawsuit of up to £5bn - 2nd September 2022
- What is Defamation? - 2nd September 2022