Johnny Depp’s defamation litigation against News Group Newspapers over a 2018 article in the Sun newspaper which referred to Depp as a “wife beater” is currently being heard in the High Court.
The article related to allegations made against Depp by actress Amber Heard that he was violent towards her during their marriage, which he denies.
In an earlier hearing the newspaper group’s legal team had previously argued that Depp was in breach of a court order because he had not given the team a series of text messages between himself and his assistant. It said the messages, sent in February and March 2015, demonstrated that Depp was trying to get hold of drugs while staying in Australia with Heard, during which time an incident of domestic abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, the Court ruled that despite the breach Depp would be allowed to continue to his case.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our business solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023
- US Rapper Flo Rida wins $82.6 million in compensation after suing Celsius energy drinks company - 27th February 2023
- Lidl and Tesco in copyright dispute over logo - 13th February 2023