Johnny Depp’s defamation litigation against News Group Newspapers over a 2018 article in the Sun newspaper which referred to Depp as a “wife beater” is currently being heard in the High Court.
The article related to allegations made against Depp by actress Amber Heard that he was violent towards her during their marriage, which he denies.
In an earlier hearing the newspaper group’s legal team had previously argued that Depp was in breach of a court order because he had not given the team a series of text messages between himself and his assistant. It said the messages, sent in February and March 2015, demonstrated that Depp was trying to get hold of drugs while staying in Australia with Heard, during which time an incident of domestic abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, the Court ruled that despite the breach Depp would be allowed to continue to his case.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our business solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Nike is suing New York studio MSCHF and musician Lil Nas for trademark infringement over its Satan Shoes - 4th April 2021
- Former footballer turned agent, Barry Silkman wins £800,000 legal battle over ex-wife’s estate - 18th March 2021
- Family of Argentinian Footballer, Emiliano Sala, to launch legal action over footballer’s death - 18th March 2021
- UK High Court rules Health Minister, Matt Hancock acted unlawfully in granting Covid-19 contracts - 5th March 2021
- Qualcomm is being sued over alleged anti-competitive behavior in the UK - 1st March 2021