Formal legal action has begun against Celtic Football Club regarding claims it failed to protect victims from sex abusers working around Celtic Boys’ Club.
Celtic declined to answer questions put forward by the Guardian in relation to the legal action but instead referred to a statement made by the club in February, where it said: “Celtic Football Club is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. “The club is very sorry that these events took place. The abuse of young people is an abhorrent crime.”
The statement also said: “With regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at Celtic Boys’ Club (which, so far as we have been made aware, relate to the period prior to 1997), although Celtic Football Club is a separate organisation, we take these extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”
Historic sexual abuse cases often involve abuse over a number of years within a family, at a school, in residential care homes or the church.
We have helped a number of clients who have been victims of historic sexual abuse and have successfully secured thousands of pounds for them.
Suffering abuse can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our injury solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in injury department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: UK government gives Pfizer legal indemnity to protect it from being sued - 3rd December 2020
- Harry Dunn’s parents lose high court legal challenge over immunity case - 3rd December 2020
- Dementia in Football: Taskforce to be created by PFA to examine issue of brain injury diseases - 2nd December 2020
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020