Fashion House Dolce & Gabbana has been ordered to pay Diego Maradona £59,000 in damages following a long-running court dispute after a model wore a Napoli shirt with his name and number on it during a fashion show.
Lawyers for Maradona said the retired footballer had not been contacted ahead of the show, which took place in Naples in 2016, or ask if he consented to his name being used.
Dolce & Gabbana, which had insisted it was paying tribute to the star who twice won the Italian League with Napoli, was also ordered to pay his legal fees. The total bill is expected to reach around £70,000.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our business solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Click here to find out more about Civil Litigation Solicitors
Click here to find out more about Dispute Resolution
Click here to find out more about Commercial Litigation
Click here to find out more about Intellectual Property Solicitors
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023
- US Rapper Flo Rida wins $82.6 million in compensation after suing Celsius energy drinks company - 27th February 2023
- Lidl and Tesco in copyright dispute over logo - 13th February 2023