Fashion House Dolce & Gabbana has been ordered to pay Diego Maradona £59,000 in damages following a long-running court dispute after a model wore a Napoli shirt with his name and number on it during a fashion show.
Lawyers for Maradona said the retired footballer had not been contacted ahead of the show, which took place in Naples in 2016, or ask if he consented to his name being used.
Dolce & Gabbana, which had insisted it was paying tribute to the star who twice won the Italian League with Napoli, was also ordered to pay his legal fees. The total bill is expected to reach around £70,000.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our business solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Man Utd Supporters’ Trust take action after ticket issues - 16th October 2022
- Elizabeth Ramus loses court case against her daughter over Millionaire ex-husbands will. - 5th October 2022
- Madeleine McCann’s parents lose court case against Portugal detective - 3rd October 2022
- Sony PlayStation faces UK class action lawsuit of up to £5bn - 2nd September 2022
- What is Defamation? - 2nd September 2022