Fashion House Dolce & Gabbana has been ordered to pay Diego Maradona £59,000 in damages following a long-running court dispute after a model wore a Napoli shirt with his name and number on it during a fashion show.
Lawyers for Maradona said the retired footballer had not been contacted ahead of the show, which took place in Naples in 2016, or ask if he consented to his name being used.
Dolce & Gabbana, which had insisted it was paying tribute to the star who twice won the Italian League with Napoli, was also ordered to pay his legal fees. The total bill is expected to reach around £70,000.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our business solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Ruler of Dubai applies to Supreme Court for secrecy over custody battle - 19th March 2020
- Drivers owe a duty of care to cyclists - 19th March 2020
- Debenhams plans to cuts debts after legal battle with Mike Ashley - 19th March 2020
- Are you a cyclist that has been involved in a hit and run? - 5th March 2020
- Super League side Hull warn of legal action over Israel Folau signing - 20th February 2020