The Health and Social Care Secretary Jeremy Hunt has announced plans to help children living with alcoholic parents. The Department of Health and Social Care is seeking to identify children at risk more quickly, and to provide them with rapid access to support and advice.
The package of measures is backed by £6 million funding designed to help an estimated 200,000 children in England living with alcohol-dependent parents.
The measures include:
- fast access to support and mental health services for children and their families where there is a dependent drinker
- quicker identification of at-risk children, including those undertaking inappropriate care responsibilities
- the provision of outreach programmes to get more parents successfully through addiction treatment
- early intervention programmes to reduce the numbers of children needing to go into care.
Local authorities will be invited to bid for funding by coming up with innovative solutions based on local need, with priority given to areas where more children are affected.
If you are looking for family advice then please call 0161 624 6811 to speak to our Family Department.
The following two tabs change content below.
Shalish is an experienced dispute resolution solicitor who joined the firm in 2002 ago upon qualifying as a solicitor and provides a proactive approach whilst retaining the personal touch to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case. He acts on behalf of both private individuals and commercial clients. He can assist and advise at any stage of a dispute including mediation through to court action and injunctions. Shalish is a keen sportsman, regularly playing cricket and five-a-side football and also watching live sport. He enjoys city breaks and takes great pleasure in sampling different cuisines from around the world. Shalish is fluent in Gujarati and will happily represent those for whom Guajarati is the first language, in English. He is also happy to offer his services as a translator to our clients as necessary. What clients say about Shalish: “We feel the service was perfect and found our solicitor, Shalish Mehta, very professional and helpful in all aspects”
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023
- US Rapper Flo Rida wins $82.6 million in compensation after suing Celsius energy drinks company - 27th February 2023
- Lidl and Tesco in copyright dispute over logo - 13th February 2023