New Look will close 60 UK stores and cut 1,000 jobs after creditors approved a restructuring plan for the retailer.
The stores will close within 12 months and some staff may be redeployed.
The plan will cut the chain’s rents by between 15% to 55% across its remaining 393 stores. New Look says it was paying over the odds on many of its stores. But landlords may feel they’re the ones having to take a huge financial hit because of management failures.
Landlords may now use the break clauses allowed as part of this CVA to bring in new tenants willing to pay more rent.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Liverpool FC Captain, Steven Gerrard wins legal battle against sportswear firms - 23rd January 2020
- Diego Maradona wins £59k Dolce and Gabbana court settlement - 13th January 2020
- Volkswagen seeks damages in legal dispute - 13th January 2020
- Dealing with abuse - 5th December 2019
- Councils Appeal High Court Ruling On Traveller Ban - 5th December 2019