New Look will close 60 UK stores and cut 1,000 jobs after creditors approved a restructuring plan for the retailer.
The stores will close within 12 months and some staff may be redeployed.
The plan will cut the chain’s rents by between 15% to 55% across its remaining 393 stores. New Look says it was paying over the odds on many of its stores. But landlords may feel they’re the ones having to take a huge financial hit because of management failures.
Landlords may now use the break clauses allowed as part of this CVA to bring in new tenants willing to pay more rent.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Man Utd Supporters’ Trust take action after ticket issues - 16th October 2022
- Elizabeth Ramus loses court case against her daughter over Millionaire ex-husbands will. - 5th October 2022
- Madeleine McCann’s parents lose court case against Portugal detective - 3rd October 2022
- Sony PlayStation faces UK class action lawsuit of up to £5bn - 2nd September 2022
- What is Defamation? - 2nd September 2022