New Look will close 60 UK stores and cut 1,000 jobs after creditors approved a restructuring plan for the retailer.
The stores will close within 12 months and some staff may be redeployed.
The plan will cut the chain’s rents by between 15% to 55% across its remaining 393 stores. New Look says it was paying over the odds on many of its stores. But landlords may feel they’re the ones having to take a huge financial hit because of management failures.
Landlords may now use the break clauses allowed as part of this CVA to bring in new tenants willing to pay more rent.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Nike is suing New York studio MSCHF and musician Lil Nas for trademark infringement over its Satan Shoes - 4th April 2021
- Former footballer turned agent, Barry Silkman wins £800,000 legal battle over ex-wife’s estate - 18th March 2021
- Family of Argentinian Footballer, Emiliano Sala, to launch legal action over footballer’s death - 18th March 2021
- UK High Court rules Health Minister, Matt Hancock acted unlawfully in granting Covid-19 contracts - 5th March 2021
- Qualcomm is being sued over alleged anti-competitive behavior in the UK - 1st March 2021