New Look will close 60 UK stores and cut 1,000 jobs after creditors approved a restructuring plan for the retailer.
The stores will close within 12 months and some staff may be redeployed.
The plan will cut the chain’s rents by between 15% to 55% across its remaining 393 stores. New Look says it was paying over the odds on many of its stores. But landlords may feel they’re the ones having to take a huge financial hit because of management failures.
Landlords may now use the break clauses allowed as part of this CVA to bring in new tenants willing to pay more rent.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: UK government gives Pfizer legal indemnity to protect it from being sued - 3rd December 2020
- Harry Dunn’s parents lose high court legal challenge over immunity case - 3rd December 2020
- Dementia in Football: Taskforce to be created by PFA to examine issue of brain injury diseases - 2nd December 2020
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020