The six stores to close in April are Birkenhead, Bournemouth, Durham, Fforestfach in Swansea, Putney and Redditch. Staff have been offered jobs in nearby stores.
The closure of another eight shops has been proposed, which will affect 468 staff. The eight stores are: Andover, Basildon, Bridlington, Denton outlet store, Falmouth, Fareham, Keighley and Stockport.
It follows a disappointing Christmas period for M&S, when sales of both food and clothing fell.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: UK government gives Pfizer legal indemnity to protect it from being sued - 3rd December 2020
- Harry Dunn’s parents lose high court legal challenge over immunity case - 3rd December 2020
- Dementia in Football: Taskforce to be created by PFA to examine issue of brain injury diseases - 2nd December 2020
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020