The six stores to close in April are Birkenhead, Bournemouth, Durham, Fforestfach in Swansea, Putney and Redditch. Staff have been offered jobs in nearby stores.
The closure of another eight shops has been proposed, which will affect 468 staff. The eight stores are: Andover, Basildon, Bridlington, Denton outlet store, Falmouth, Fareham, Keighley and Stockport.
It follows a disappointing Christmas period for M&S, when sales of both food and clothing fell.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Nike is suing New York studio MSCHF and musician Lil Nas for trademark infringement over its Satan Shoes - 4th April 2021
- Former footballer turned agent, Barry Silkman wins £800,000 legal battle over ex-wife’s estate - 18th March 2021
- Family of Argentinian Footballer, Emiliano Sala, to launch legal action over footballer’s death - 18th March 2021
- UK High Court rules Health Minister, Matt Hancock acted unlawfully in granting Covid-19 contracts - 5th March 2021
- Qualcomm is being sued over alleged anti-competitive behavior in the UK - 1st March 2021