The six stores to close in April are Birkenhead, Bournemouth, Durham, Fforestfach in Swansea, Putney and Redditch. Staff have been offered jobs in nearby stores.
The closure of another eight shops has been proposed, which will affect 468 staff. The eight stores are: Andover, Basildon, Bridlington, Denton outlet store, Falmouth, Fareham, Keighley and Stockport.
It follows a disappointing Christmas period for M&S, when sales of both food and clothing fell.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Dua Lipa facing fresh copyright lawsuit over hit song Levitating - 5th August 2023
- Budget retailer Wilko on brink of collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk - 3rd August 2023
- Three brothers win court battle with tennis coach sister over mother’s £1m will - 29th July 2023
- Virgin Media O2 announces plans to slash up to 2,000 jobs - 26th July 2023
- Burger van chef wins fight to keep £5m inheritance from customer - 21st July 2023