The six stores to close in April are Birkenhead, Bournemouth, Durham, Fforestfach in Swansea, Putney and Redditch. Staff have been offered jobs in nearby stores.
The closure of another eight shops has been proposed, which will affect 468 staff. The eight stores are: Andover, Basildon, Bridlington, Denton outlet store, Falmouth, Fareham, Keighley and Stockport.
It follows a disappointing Christmas period for M&S, when sales of both food and clothing fell.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool FC fail in move to trademark the word ‘Liverpool’ - 9th October 2019
- Rita Ora admits she ‘feared for her career’ during legal battle with her former record label, Roc Nation, which is owned by Jay Z - 26th September 2019
- French international footballer Nabil Fekir’s ex-agent takes legal action against Fekir - 25th September 2019
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Britain’s third-richest man involved in planning battle - 15th August 2019
- Mamadou Sakho sues WADA for £13m over drug test error - 11th August 2019