Sofa and living room furniture specialist DFS has reported a sharp drop in annual profits.
DFS said uncertainty in the economy had led to a “significant deterioration in the consumer market”, and continued weakness of the pound against the dollar had also held back profits.
Profits dropped 22.3% to £50m although revenues inched up to £762m. DFS has been in business for 48 years. Its brands include Dwell and Sofa Workshop, and it also has brand partnerships with French Connection and House Beautiful. It is in the process of taking over rival brand, Sofology, subject to regulatory approval.
Business advice Oldham
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017
- Profits down but sale up for Sainsbury’s - 15th November 2017