An Islamic practice permitting men to instantly divorce their wives has been declared unconstitutional by India’s Supreme Court after decades of campaigning by women’s groups and victims.
The “triple talaq” has allowed Muslim men to dissolve marriages by pronouncing the word “divorce” three times.
The Supreme Court in Delhi took up the issue last year in response to a petition from seven victims and women’s groups. The Court declared this week that triple talaq was “not integral to religious practice and violates constitutional morality”.
Islamic divorce advice
At Wrigley Claydon, we fight on your behalf to make this difficult time of divorce or separation a little easier. We are experienced family lawyers and can assist you with the legal aspects of any family situation in which you may find yourself. We deal with our cases sensitively.
If you are looking for Islamic divorce advice Oldham then please call 0161 785 3521 to speak to Terri Pickup in our Family Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Terri Pickup (see all)
- Economic Abuse - 13th November 2019
- Domestic abuse isn’t always physical - 13th June 2019
- International Day of Families 2019 - 16th May 2019
- Care and supervision cases in 28 week wait for court date - 5th January 2018
- Financial Remedies Court pilot set for February 2018 - 20th December 2017