Asda is to axe hundreds of jobs at its Leeds head office and a further site in the East Midlands as part of a major cost-cutting drive.
About 300 jobs are to go at Asda House in Leeds and George House in Leicester with job descriptions to a further 800 roles changed.
Figures for 2016, released in September, showed like-for-like sales were down 5.7% compared with the previous year.
Asda is the third-largest UK supermarket behind Tesco and Sainsbury’s but has been hurt by the rise of German discounters Aldi and Lidl.
Redundancy advice solicitor
When it comes to legal advice, all businesses need someone skilled, reliable and experienced they can turn to for support and guidance. This is where our dedicated team of commercial law specialists can help.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. We have the required breadth of knowledge and depth of experience to advise on a broad range of related matters.
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Changes to Employment Law April 2020 - 5th April 2020
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017