Sales at High Street retailer Next have had a big boost after an 11.4% increase from their Directory catalogue and internet business.
However, full-price sales at Next Retail fell 7.4%, and it said it remained “cautious” about its outlook, given the current consumer environment.
Next shares topped the FTSE 100 in early trading, rising more than 9.5%.
The company also confirmed it would pay a special quarterly dividend of 45p and said its second-quarter sales were better than expected after it improved its product ranges and made its website more user-friendly.
Business solicitor Oldham
If you are a business owner or company MD and are looking for a business solicitor Oldham law firm Wrigley Claydon can help. Whether you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice on any other business related matter, please contact us.
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- 5 Steps to consider before buying or leasing commercial property - 13th September 2023
- Changes to Employment Law April 2020 - 5th April 2020
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017