The Government has confirmed details for a new pilot scheme to extend court opening times across England and Wales.
Six courts have been selected for the trial, including Manchester, adding either an early or a late slot. The early session running from 8am to 10.45am and the later one from 4.30pm to 7pm. The trial will take place over six months from this autumn.
Jurisdictions in the US, Australia and Singapore already have more flexible arrangements.
It is thought that the £300m cost of running the court and tribunals could be reduced by ensuring existing court buildings are in use before 10am and after 4.30pm.
At Wrigley Claydon we represent clients in many aspects of the law; from litigation to personal injury, business to family law, wills and probate to conveyancing. Suffering any sort of dispute, injury, separation or bereavement can have financial, emotional or even physical affects on you and/or your business. Our solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf to resolve the matter.
We advise clients on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur. We will represent you in court, where necessary, and fight on your behalf at achieve a satisfactory outcome.
If you nee legal representation please call Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: UK government gives Pfizer legal indemnity to protect it from being sued - 3rd December 2020
- Harry Dunn’s parents lose high court legal challenge over immunity case - 3rd December 2020
- Dementia in Football: Taskforce to be created by PFA to examine issue of brain injury diseases - 2nd December 2020
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020