A Los Angeles Superior Court jury ruled that Michael Jackson’s estate owes producer Quincy Jones $9.4 million in royalties and production fees from Billie Jean, Thriller and more of the star’s biggest hits.
The award was short of the $30 million the producer sought in the lawsuit filed nearly four years ago, but well above the approximately $392,000 the Jackson estate contended Jones was owed.
Jones claimed in the lawsuit that Jackson’s estate and Sony Music Entertainment owed him for music he had produced that was used in the concert film This Is It and two Cirque du Soleil shows that used Jackson’s songs.
Michael Jackson’s estate attorney Howard Weitzman said he and his team were surprised by the verdict and would appeal it.
Financial dispute solicitors
Suffering a financial or contractual dispute can have serious implications on your business.
Our business and debt recovery solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf to recover unpaid invoices. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Call Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Man Utd Supporters’ Trust take action after ticket issues - 16th October 2022
- Elizabeth Ramus loses court case against her daughter over Millionaire ex-husbands will. - 5th October 2022
- Madeleine McCann’s parents lose court case against Portugal detective - 3rd October 2022
- Sony PlayStation faces UK class action lawsuit of up to £5bn - 2nd September 2022
- What is Defamation? - 2nd September 2022