Summer fruit and salad growers in the UK are having difficulty recruiting pickers saying they don’t know if they will have enough migrant workers to harvest their crops.
About 80,000 seasonal workers a year pick and process British fruit and veg, most of them are from the EU, mainly Romania and Bulgaria.
British Summer Fruits, the body which represents soft fruit growers, says labour shortages are now the worst seen since 2004.
The weak pound which has reduced their workers’ earning power, as well as uncertainty over Brexit is being blamed.
If you are experiencing difficulties within your business, whether staffing matters, contractual issues or you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice, please contact us.
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Changes to Employment Law April 2020 - 5th April 2020
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017