Sir James Munby, the most senior family judge in England and Wales has called for the streamlining of new online divorce procedures and that the obtaining of a divorce should be completely separated from a couple’s disputes over money.
The proposal is aimed at reducing administrative pressure within the family courts by unlinking “the largely administrative and bureaucratic” divorce work from the more complex legal battles about who takes which assets from a marriage.
Most of the judges’ time is taken up with ancillary relief rather than the divorce itself, the judge said.
Divorce procedure solicitors
At Wrigley Claydon, we fight on your behalf to make this difficult time a little easier. We are experienced family lawyers and can assist you with the legal aspects of any family situation in which you may find yourself. We deal with our cases sensitively.
If you are looking for family advice then please call 0161 785 3521 to speak to Terri Pickup in our Family Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Terri Pickup (see all)
- Economic Abuse - 13th November 2019
- Domestic abuse isn’t always physical - 13th June 2019
- International Day of Families 2019 - 16th May 2019
- Care and supervision cases in 28 week wait for court date - 5th January 2018
- Financial Remedies Court pilot set for February 2018 - 20th December 2017