UK’s biggest supermarket Tesco plans to cut 1,200 jobs at its head office in Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield as part of a major cost-cutting drive that aims to reduce costs by £1.5bn.
Tesco said, “This new service model will simplify the way we organise ourselves, reduce duplication and cost but also, very importantly, allow us to invest in serving shoppers better,”
Shares in Tesco rose 1.6% to close at 171.7p, but have fallen almost 17% since the start of the year.
Business planning solicitors
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Changes to Employment Law April 2020 - 5th April 2020
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017