Former three-time Wimbledon champion Boris Becker has been declared bankrupt by the Bankruptcy and Companies Court.
The bankruptcy application was made by Arbuthnot Latham, firm of private bankers.
Becker’s lawyers asked for a final chance to pay with the funds from re-mortgaging a property in Majorca, however, the court registrar said there was not enough credible evidence that he could pay.
In 2012 a judge ordered Becker to auction off his villa in Palma, Spain, so that £225,000 of the profits can be set aside to pay a long-standing debt to owe a local landscape gardening company.
How debt solicitors can help
Suffering a financial or contractual dispute can have serious implications on your personal and/or business finances.
Our business and debt solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf to recover unpaid invoices. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Call Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Man Utd Supporters’ Trust take action after ticket issues - 16th October 2022
- Elizabeth Ramus loses court case against her daughter over Millionaire ex-husbands will. - 5th October 2022
- Madeleine McCann’s parents lose court case against Portugal detective - 3rd October 2022
- Sony PlayStation faces UK class action lawsuit of up to £5bn - 2nd September 2022
- What is Defamation? - 2nd September 2022