Former three-time Wimbledon champion Boris Becker has been declared bankrupt by the Bankruptcy and Companies Court.
The bankruptcy application was made by Arbuthnot Latham, firm of private bankers.
Becker’s lawyers asked for a final chance to pay with the funds from re-mortgaging a property in Majorca, however, the court registrar said there was not enough credible evidence that he could pay.
In 2012 a judge ordered Becker to auction off his villa in Palma, Spain, so that £225,000 of the profits can be set aside to pay a long-standing debt to owe a local landscape gardening company.
How debt solicitors can help
Suffering a financial or contractual dispute can have serious implications on your personal and/or business finances.
Our business and debt solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf to recover unpaid invoices. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Call Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Ruler of Dubai applies to Supreme Court for secrecy over custody battle - 19th March 2020
- Drivers owe a duty of care to cyclists - 19th March 2020
- Debenhams plans to cuts debts after legal battle with Mike Ashley - 19th March 2020
- Are you a cyclist that has been involved in a hit and run? - 5th March 2020
- Super League side Hull warn of legal action over Israel Folau signing - 20th February 2020