Norma Gibbons, a pensioner, who signed over her home to her daughter, Dawn ‘for inheritance tax reasons’ is now defending a claim for possession at the Central London County Court after a family feud.
The pair live in upstairs and downstairs flats worth a combined £1.4million in a converted house in south London.
Norma is arguing that she would not have signed over the flat if she thought her daughter would evict her.
Dawn told the court that she had severed ties with Norma because she ‘shouted’ at her young daughter and that the row had spiralled into a full relationship breakdown and a series of court cases.
Dawn had complained about banging noises from the flat above and had brought court proceedings to try to force her mother to let builders in to repair a leak which she says is damaging the electrics in her £800,000 downstairs apartment.
Dawn further claims her mum has repeatedly refused to allow people into the £600,000 flat upstairs to investigate problems, ignoring court orders demanding that she allow access for repairs to take place.
The judge gave directions for a trial of the possession claim and said that, in the meantime, Norma must allow her daughter access to investigate what repairs might be needed.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our litigation solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in the litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Motivational speaker loses battle for insurance to pay neighbours £530,000 over boundary dispute - 12th May 2023
- More than 900 people affected by Grenfell Tower fire settle claims - 19th April 2023
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023