On February 6th, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Southern Turkey and Northern Syria, followed by multiple secondary earthquakes. This devastated millions of lives and led to more than 50,000 deaths. In response to the disaster, people worldwide showed their support by raising money to be donated for aid and relief.
Family Paralegal, Zahra Ali, stepped up with her baking skills to raise money and help victims affected by the earthquake.
“As millions in Turkey and Syria have been affected by the devastating earthquakes and are in need of urgent help, I decided to do a charity bake sale to raise funds to donate.
I am pleased to say I have raised £700 all of which will be donated to UNICEF’s Earthquake appeal for Turkey and Syria. UNICEF are dedicated to providing those affected by this tragic event with food, clean water, and blankets as well as ensuring children’s wellbeing and education by rebuilding schools and community centres”.
Latest posts by newsdesk (see all)
- Sponsored by Wrigley Claydon, Matt Brearley, Kicks Off the Season with Ashton Rugby Club in Style - 15th September 2023
- World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2023 - 6th September 2023
- Emily’s Charity Hair Chop for Little Princess Trust - 31st July 2023
- The Wrigley Clayduck makes its first appearance at the Saddleworth Duck Race - 3rd July 2023
- 5 steps to consider before buying or leasing a commecial property - 17th May 2023