Great Britain half-back Bobbie Goulding is among a group of former rugby league players who are bringing legal action against the Rugby Football League (RFL) for allegedly failing to protect them from the risks of brain damage caused by concussion. He says that he played within days of “a serious knockout” on at least three occasions.
Goulding, 49, has revealed that he has been diagnosed with early onset dementia and probable CTE.
There are also 175 former rugby union players, including World Cup-winning hooker Steve Thompson, involved in a similar lawsuit. who are also represented by Rylands Legal.
In a statement to Reuters, the Rugby Football League (RFL) said: “Rugby League is a contact sport and while there is an element of risk to playing any sport, player welfare is always of paramount importance.
“As a result of scientific knowledge, the sport of Rugby League continues to improve and develop its approach to concussion, head injury assessment, education, management and prevention across the whole game.”
Our Personal Injury Department has successfully helped clients who have suffered from injury and have successfully secured significant sums of compensation for them. We are accredited by the Law Society as being specialists in this field.
Suffering abuse can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our Personal Injury solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in injury department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023
- US Rapper Flo Rida wins $82.6 million in compensation after suing Celsius energy drinks company - 27th February 2023
- Lidl and Tesco in copyright dispute over logo - 13th February 2023