Johnny Depp was recently handed a small victory in a US Court as part of his $50m defamation lawsuit against his ex-wife Amber Heard. Heard had petitioned to have the suit dismissed after the High Court in London ruled in favour of The Sun, in a libel trial with Depp over The Sun’s description of Depp as a “wife beater.” Heard attempted to use this ruling as a reason for the two-year-old case’s dismissal.
The Judge explained his decision by stating, “The Court is not persuaded by Defendant’s argument that Plaintiff had a full and fair opportunity to litigate the UK action,” adding, “Defendant [Heard] was not a part in the UK action and was not treated as one”.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our dispute resolution solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Palace aides ‘could launch legal action against Harry and Meghan’ - 6th September 2021
- Johnny Depp handed small victory in US Court as part of his defamation lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard - 25th August 2021
- PSG confirm £1m-a-week contract for Lionel Messi - 13th August 2021
- Rise in domestic violence during Covid-19 lockdown - 2nd August 2021
- Rebekah Vardy is sues Coleen Rooney for libel over her “Wagatha Christie” statement accusing her of leaking fake stories. - 9th July 2021