Johnny Depp was recently handed a small victory in a US Court as part of his $50m defamation lawsuit against his ex-wife Amber Heard. Heard had petitioned to have the suit dismissed after the High Court in London ruled in favour of The Sun, in a libel trial with Depp over The Sun’s description of Depp as a “wife beater.” Heard attempted to use this ruling as a reason for the two-year-old case’s dismissal.
The Judge explained his decision by stating, “The Court is not persuaded by Defendant’s argument that Plaintiff had a full and fair opportunity to litigate the UK action,” adding, “Defendant [Heard] was not a part in the UK action and was not treated as one”.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our dispute resolution solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Dua Lipa facing fresh copyright lawsuit over hit song Levitating - 5th August 2023
- Budget retailer Wilko on brink of collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk - 3rd August 2023
- Three brothers win court battle with tennis coach sister over mother’s £1m will - 29th July 2023
- Virgin Media O2 announces plans to slash up to 2,000 jobs - 26th July 2023
- Burger van chef wins fight to keep £5m inheritance from customer - 21st July 2023