Johnny Depp was recently handed a small victory in a US Court as part of his $50m defamation lawsuit against his ex-wife Amber Heard. Heard had petitioned to have the suit dismissed after the High Court in London ruled in favour of The Sun, in a libel trial with Depp over The Sun’s description of Depp as a “wife beater.” Heard attempted to use this ruling as a reason for the two-year-old case’s dismissal.
The Judge explained his decision by stating, “The Court is not persuaded by Defendant’s argument that Plaintiff had a full and fair opportunity to litigate the UK action,” adding, “Defendant [Heard] was not a part in the UK action and was not treated as one”.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our dispute resolution solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023
- US Rapper Flo Rida wins $82.6 million in compensation after suing Celsius energy drinks company - 27th February 2023
- Lidl and Tesco in copyright dispute over logo - 13th February 2023