A trial between Epic Games and Apple began on 4 May 2021 with Epic Games calling the charge imposed by Apple are extortionate and that Apple’s control over the App Store is anti-competitive.
It believes that developers should be able to make apps for smartphones without having to pay large sums to Apple (and to Google for Google Play purchases).
Events giving rise to the trial began in August last year when Epic Games’ Fortnite implemented its own in-app payment – bypassing Apple’s 30% charges. Apple removed Epic Games off the App Store.
Apple is estimated to have made hundreds of millions of dollars from Fortnite alone in charges.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our dispute resolution solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Man Utd Supporters’ Trust take action after ticket issues - 16th October 2022
- Elizabeth Ramus loses court case against her daughter over Millionaire ex-husbands will. - 5th October 2022
- Madeleine McCann’s parents lose court case against Portugal detective - 3rd October 2022
- Sony PlayStation faces UK class action lawsuit of up to £5bn - 2nd September 2022
- What is Defamation? - 2nd September 2022