The Independent newspaper has today reported that “the UK government has granted pharmaceutical giant Pfizer a legal indemnity protecting it from being sued, enabling its coronavirus vaccine to be rolled out across the country as early as next week.
The Department of Health and Social Care has confirmed the company has been given an indemnity protecting it from legal action as a result of any problems with the vaccine.
Ministers have also changed the law in recent weeks to give new protections to companies such as Pfizer, giving them immunity from being sued by patients in the event of any complications.
NHS staff providing the vaccine, as well as manufacturers of the drug, are also protected.”
Suffering negligence at the hands of a medical professional can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our Medical Negligence solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in injury department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Government obtains injunction against Insulate Britain - 9th October 2021
- Health Secretary, Matt Hancock to have personal WhatsApp and emails searched in court battle over Covid test contracts - 30th September 2021
- Government announces end of temporary insolvency measures - 30th September 2021
- High Court agrees to notify Prince Andrew about the lawsuit launched against him - 20th September 2021
- Palace aides ‘could launch legal action against Harry and Meghan’ - 6th September 2021