South Lakeland District Council (SDLC), who invoice for certain services and charges is owed £576,000 in debts dating back to 2014.
SLDC officers said the debt represented a small fraction of the £46 million it had issued invoices or credit notes for from 2014 to 2019-20.
Helen Smith, financial services manager for SLDC, said “It’s fair to say we are very reluctant to write off the debt and do our utmost to gather whatever we feel is collectable.”
Unpaid debts can have various unpleasant consequences ranging from cash flow difficulties; refusal of prompt payment discounts, and banks not recognising long term debts as collateral.
Call Shalish Mehta in our Debt Recovery Department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Liverpool FC Captain, Steven Gerrard wins legal battle against sportswear firms - 23rd January 2020
- Diego Maradona wins £59k Dolce and Gabbana court settlement - 13th January 2020
- Volkswagen seeks damages in legal dispute - 13th January 2020
- Dealing with abuse - 5th December 2019
- Councils Appeal High Court Ruling On Traveller Ban - 5th December 2019