South Lakeland District Council (SDLC), who invoice for certain services and charges is owed £576,000 in debts dating back to 2014.
SLDC officers said the debt represented a small fraction of the £46 million it had issued invoices or credit notes for from 2014 to 2019-20.
Helen Smith, financial services manager for SLDC, said “It’s fair to say we are very reluctant to write off the debt and do our utmost to gather whatever we feel is collectable.”
Unpaid debts can have various unpleasant consequences ranging from cash flow difficulties; refusal of prompt payment discounts, and banks not recognising long term debts as collateral.
Call Shalish Mehta in our Debt Recovery Department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020
- Elton John’s ex-wife Renate Blauel launches legal action against singer 32 years after split - 21st October 2020
- George Michael ‘s ex-boyfriend Kenny Goss in legal dispute over singers estate - 10th October 2020
- Irish court says Subway bread isn’t bread - 7th October 2020
- Solicitors braced for contentious probate spike caused by lockdown wills - 6th October 2020