South Lakeland District Council (SDLC), who invoice for certain services and charges is owed £576,000 in debts dating back to 2014.
SLDC officers said the debt represented a small fraction of the £46 million it had issued invoices or credit notes for from 2014 to 2019-20.
Helen Smith, financial services manager for SLDC, said “It’s fair to say we are very reluctant to write off the debt and do our utmost to gather whatever we feel is collectable.”
Unpaid debts can have various unpleasant consequences ranging from cash flow difficulties; refusal of prompt payment discounts, and banks not recognising long term debts as collateral.
Call Shalish Mehta in our Debt Recovery Department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Government obtains injunction against Insulate Britain - 9th October 2021
- Health Secretary, Matt Hancock to have personal WhatsApp and emails searched in court battle over Covid test contracts - 30th September 2021
- Government announces end of temporary insolvency measures - 30th September 2021
- High Court agrees to notify Prince Andrew about the lawsuit launched against him - 20th September 2021
- Palace aides ‘could launch legal action against Harry and Meghan’ - 6th September 2021