South Lakeland District Council (SDLC), who invoice for certain services and charges is owed £576,000 in debts dating back to 2014.
SLDC officers said the debt represented a small fraction of the £46 million it had issued invoices or credit notes for from 2014 to 2019-20.
Helen Smith, financial services manager for SLDC, said “It’s fair to say we are very reluctant to write off the debt and do our utmost to gather whatever we feel is collectable.”
Unpaid debts can have various unpleasant consequences ranging from cash flow difficulties; refusal of prompt payment discounts, and banks not recognising long term debts as collateral.
Call Shalish Mehta in our Debt Recovery Department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Prince Harry Seeks Judicial Review Over UK Police Protection - 7th July 2022
- Boris Johnson launches Coronavirus public inquiry - 1st July 2022
- Apple faces £768m collective action for ‘throttling’ iPhones - 27th June 2022
- Over 6 million Britons involved in land disputes with neighbours - 27th June 2022
- Volkswagen agrees to pay £193 million to around 91,000 British drivers - 13th June 2022