Crystal Palace defender Mamadou Sakho is suing the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for £13m after accusing them of a drug test-error that ended his career at Liverpool.
Sakho was provisionally banned for 30 days on April 28 2016 after being notified by European football’s governing body, UEFA, of an anti-doping offence relating to a test taken after March’s Europa League quarter-final against Manchester United.
UEFA launched their own investigation at the time into whether the fat-burning substance, Higenamine, Sakho took should even be on the banned list.
Higenamine, was found not to be on WADA’s prohibited list and Sakho was subsequently cleared by UEFA.
Sakho’s argues that a move away from Liverpool had a big impact on his salary and that it represented a loss of £13m in earnings.
However, WADA denies responsibility for his transfer from Liverpool, arguing that “disciplinary issues” and a “personality clash” with the manager Jurgen Klopp were the root causes.
At the end of the hearing, the judge ordered that the trial on liability – whether Wada was negligent – should take place before the amount of compensation is considered.’
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our business solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool FC fail in move to trademark the word ‘Liverpool’ - 9th October 2019
- Rita Ora admits she ‘feared for her career’ during legal battle with her former record label, Roc Nation, which is owned by Jay Z - 26th September 2019
- French international footballer Nabil Fekir’s ex-agent takes legal action against Fekir - 25th September 2019
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Britain’s third-richest man involved in planning battle - 15th August 2019
- Mamadou Sakho sues WADA for £13m over drug test error - 11th August 2019