Online retailer Shop Direct, which owns Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com will close its distribution centres in Shaw, Little Hulton and Raven in Greater Manchester.
It does, however, plan to build a new warehouse in the East Midlands employing 500 people, but said redundancies were likely putting nearly 2,000 jobs at risk.
The new site will be fully-automated, which Shop Direct said would allow it to process more orders and reduce the time it takes to get products to customers.
According to Shop Direct, its sales climbed 5.6% last year to £1.93bn.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- A Step-by-step guide on how to apply for a trademark in the United Kingdom - 4th December 2023
- Creating Child Arrangements for the Festive Season Without a Solicitor - 4th December 2023
- Maggies Culture Crawl 2023 - 2nd October 2023
- Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2023 - 2nd October 2023
- Coldplay sued by former manager Dave Holmes for £10million - 6th September 2023