Online retailer Shop Direct, which owns Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com will close its distribution centres in Shaw, Little Hulton and Raven in Greater Manchester.
It does, however, plan to build a new warehouse in the East Midlands employing 500 people, but said redundancies were likely putting nearly 2,000 jobs at risk.
The new site will be fully-automated, which Shop Direct said would allow it to process more orders and reduce the time it takes to get products to customers.
According to Shop Direct, its sales climbed 5.6% last year to £1.93bn.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Christmas Knitting for Charity - 16th November 2022
- Sign up for a free Will during Dr. Kershaw’s November Will Month - 2nd November 2022
- Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2022 - 5th October 2022
- Darlington market trader, Bao Wow, faces legal action over branding by US food giant - 21st September 2022
- World’s Biggest Coffee Morning – 30th September 2022 - 20th September 2022