Online retailer Shop Direct, which owns Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com will close its distribution centres in Shaw, Little Hulton and Raven in Greater Manchester.
It does, however, plan to build a new warehouse in the East Midlands employing 500 people, but said redundancies were likely putting nearly 2,000 jobs at risk.
The new site will be fully-automated, which Shop Direct said would allow it to process more orders and reduce the time it takes to get products to customers.
According to Shop Direct, its sales climbed 5.6% last year to £1.93bn.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Separation and Divorce in challenging times - 6th July 2020
- Supreme Court to hear Nigerian communities’ pollution claims against Shell - 26th June 2020
- Tiger King’s Joe Exotic Forced To Hand Zoo Over Following Legal Battle - 11th June 2020
- Amazon to close warehouses in France Over Coronavirus Dispute - 16th April 2020
- Scottish football club Hearts’ threat to take SPFL to court if they’re relegated - 15th April 2020