Online retailer Shop Direct, which owns Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com will close its distribution centres in Shaw, Little Hulton and Raven in Greater Manchester.
It does, however, plan to build a new warehouse in the East Midlands employing 500 people, but said redundancies were likely putting nearly 2,000 jobs at risk.
The new site will be fully-automated, which Shop Direct said would allow it to process more orders and reduce the time it takes to get products to customers.
According to Shop Direct, its sales climbed 5.6% last year to £1.93bn.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- Pearl Jam tribute band change name after legal dispute - 25th January 2021
- TikTok faces potential legal challenge from 12-year-old girl - 14th January 2021
- Christmas and New Year’s Opening Times 2020-2021 - 23rd December 2020
- Rugby World Cup winner Steve Thompson plans legal action after revealing he has dementia - 17th December 2020
- Separation and Divorce in challenging times - 6th July 2020