Online retailer Shop Direct, which owns Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com will close its distribution centres in Shaw, Little Hulton and Raven in Greater Manchester.
It does, however, plan to build a new warehouse in the East Midlands employing 500 people, but said redundancies were likely putting nearly 2,000 jobs at risk.
The new site will be fully-automated, which Shop Direct said would allow it to process more orders and reduce the time it takes to get products to customers.
According to Shop Direct, its sales climbed 5.6% last year to £1.93bn.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us. Call 0161 624 6811 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Vijay Srivastava (see all)
- County council wins Supreme Court battle over quarry extension - 20th February 2020
- Airlines liable for passengers scalded by spilt coffee, EU court rules - 2nd January 2020
- Christmas Jumper Day 2019 - 19th December 2019
- Christmas and New Year’s Opening Times 2019-2020 - 16th December 2019
- Separated Couples with Children – Have you agreed arrangements for Christmas? - 18th November 2019