According to new research from the Co-op, a quarter of divorcees in the UK have considered reconciliation with their ex and 12 per cent actually got back together. Of these, 73 per cent cited managing to forgive an infidelity as the main reason, while 40 per cent simply admitted still loving their ex. This has been called a “boomerang divorce” or “yo-yo couples” – divorcees who get back together with their ex-spouse.
One example is the former footballer Jimmy Greaves who, last week, remarried his ex-wife Irene, 59 years after their first wedding and 40 years after their divorce in 1977.
Boomerang divorce solicitors
At Wrigley Claydon, we understand that divorce and separation can be a difficult time. We fight on your behalf to make the process a little easier. We are experienced family lawyers and can assist you with the legal aspects of any family situation in which you may find yourself. We deal with our cases sensitively.
If you are looking for family advice then please call 0161 785 3521 to speak to Terri Pickup in our Family Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designed by Freepik
Latest posts by Terri Pickup (see all)
- Economic Abuse - 13th November 2019
- Domestic abuse isn’t always physical - 13th June 2019
- International Day of Families 2019 - 16th May 2019
- Care and supervision cases in 28 week wait for court date - 5th January 2018
- Financial Remedies Court pilot set for February 2018 - 20th December 2017