New figures released by the Ministry of Justice show that in April to June 2017 mortgage possession proceedings increased by 17% on the same period in 2016 to 5,186.
This is still considerably short of the peak during the financial crisis from April to June 2009, when claims reached 26,419 over the three-month period.
Since the pre-action protocol for possession claims based on mortgage arrears came into force, major lenders agreed with the Government not to start mortgage possession proceedings in relation to residential properties unless the borrower had accrued three months’ arrears.
Mortgage possession proceedings
Landlord and tenant disputes occur in both a commercial and residential context. We advise both landlords and tenants on a range of issues.
We have experience and expertise in all aspects of property litigation. We can assist you with negotiation, arbitration or mediation but where court litigation is needed, we can advise you on procedure and tactics.
Call Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool FC fail in move to trademark the word ‘Liverpool’ - 9th October 2019
- Rita Ora admits she ‘feared for her career’ during legal battle with her former record label, Roc Nation, which is owned by Jay Z - 26th September 2019
- French international footballer Nabil Fekir’s ex-agent takes legal action against Fekir - 25th September 2019
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Britain’s third-richest man involved in planning battle - 15th August 2019
- Mamadou Sakho sues WADA for £13m over drug test error - 11th August 2019