New figures released by the Ministry of Justice show that in April to June 2017 mortgage possession proceedings increased by 17% on the same period in 2016 to 5,186.
This is still considerably short of the peak during the financial crisis from April to June 2009, when claims reached 26,419 over the three-month period.
Since the pre-action protocol for possession claims based on mortgage arrears came into force, major lenders agreed with the Government not to start mortgage possession proceedings in relation to residential properties unless the borrower had accrued three months’ arrears.
Mortgage possession proceedings
Landlord and tenant disputes occur in both a commercial and residential context. We advise both landlords and tenants on a range of issues.
We have experience and expertise in all aspects of property litigation. We can assist you with negotiation, arbitration or mediation but where court litigation is needed, we can advise you on procedure and tactics.
Call Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Dua Lipa facing fresh copyright lawsuit over hit song Levitating - 5th August 2023
- Budget retailer Wilko on brink of collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk - 3rd August 2023
- Three brothers win court battle with tennis coach sister over mother’s £1m will - 29th July 2023
- Virgin Media O2 announces plans to slash up to 2,000 jobs - 26th July 2023
- Burger van chef wins fight to keep £5m inheritance from customer - 21st July 2023