New figures released by the Ministry of Justice show that in April to June 2017 mortgage possession proceedings increased by 17% on the same period in 2016 to 5,186.
This is still considerably short of the peak during the financial crisis from April to June 2009, when claims reached 26,419 over the three-month period.
Since the pre-action protocol for possession claims based on mortgage arrears came into force, major lenders agreed with the Government not to start mortgage possession proceedings in relation to residential properties unless the borrower had accrued three months’ arrears.
Mortgage possession proceedings
Landlord and tenant disputes occur in both a commercial and residential context. We advise both landlords and tenants on a range of issues.
We have experience and expertise in all aspects of property litigation. We can assist you with negotiation, arbitration or mediation but where court litigation is needed, we can advise you on procedure and tactics.
Call Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 785 3534 or email email@example.com.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Nike is suing New York studio MSCHF and musician Lil Nas for trademark infringement over its Satan Shoes - 4th April 2021
- Former footballer turned agent, Barry Silkman wins £800,000 legal battle over ex-wife’s estate - 18th March 2021
- Family of Argentinian Footballer, Emiliano Sala, to launch legal action over footballer’s death - 18th March 2021
- UK High Court rules Health Minister, Matt Hancock acted unlawfully in granting Covid-19 contracts - 5th March 2021
- Qualcomm is being sued over alleged anti-competitive behavior in the UK - 1st March 2021