BT is to shed 4,000 jobs worldwide over the next two years and is stripping the chief executive of his annual bonus.
The job cuts would fall on back-office and managerial sectors as it simplifies its Global Services operations.
The move follows an accounting scandal at the Italian part of Global Services that cost BT more than £500m.
The announcements came as BT disclosed that its annual pre-tax profits fell 19% to £2.35bn in the year to March.
Commercial lawyers Oldham
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact our Commercial Lawyers Oldham
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Changes to Employment Law April 2020 - 5th April 2020
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017