Debenhams has announced a shake-up strategy aimed at boosting its appeal by investing in its in-store cafes and improving its online offering.
The plan includes a review of up to 10 of its 176 UK stores for possible closure over the next five years.
A central distribution warehouse in Northampton and about 10 smaller warehouses could also close with a potential loss of 200 jobs.
Debenhams saw half-year pre-tax profits fall by 6.4% to £87.8m.
Its shares fell by 3.5% following the announcement.
Business strategy advice
When it comes to legal advice, all businesses need someone skilled, reliable and experienced they can turn to for support and guidance. At Wrigley Claydon we are here to develop and give effect to the legal arrangements needed to help you achieve your commercial objectives and manage business risk.
If you are considering a company merger, acquisition, takeover or joint venture or are in the midst of a shareholder dispute or share capital transaction or need business advice please contact us.
Call 0161 785 3573 to speak to John Porter and Soibi Iketubosin in our Company/Commercial Department or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by John Porter (see all)
- Changes to Employment Law April 2020 - 5th April 2020
- Toys R Us on brink of administration - 8th January 2018
- Talk over sale of Newcastle Utd as owner Ashley meets investment firm - 22nd December 2017
- GVC gambles on Ladbrokes Coral takeover - 15th December 2017
- UK retail sales up in October against last year - 22nd November 2017