Producers of The Great British Bake Off reportedly engaged lawyers and threatened to sue the BBC.
It has been reported that the BBC was involved in a dispute with Love Productions back in 2014 over a hairdressing competition called Hair, which originally been shown on BBC3.
Produced by the BBC, Hair documented the quest to find the country’s best amateur hair stylist through a series of hairdressing challenges, similar to the challenges on Bake Off.
Love Productions argued that Hair effectively “ripped-off” the Bake Off format. Love Productions lawyer said it was the clearest cut case they’d seen of a format infringement.
The matter did not reach the court however; the dispute may have caused a breakdown in relationships with the BBC resulting in the sale of the show to Channel 4.
If you have a brand, something you have invented, or an original piece of work that you have written and someone infringes your rights we can help. We can assist you in securing an injunction and/or damages or account of profits and the delivery up and destruction of the offending item. If you have been accused of infringing someone’s intellectual property rights then we can also help by raising various defences and minimizing your liability.
If you feel you have an intellectual property case and need some legal advice then please speak to Shalish Mehta, our civil and commercial litigation solicitor. Please call us on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: UK government gives Pfizer legal indemnity to protect it from being sued - 3rd December 2020
- Harry Dunn’s parents lose high court legal challenge over immunity case - 3rd December 2020
- Dementia in Football: Taskforce to be created by PFA to examine issue of brain injury diseases - 2nd December 2020
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020