Abatement has four stances:
– Commerce: a reduction in the amount of a bill due to factors such as demurrage, overtime penalty, or rent.
– Environment: to reduce or eliminate polluting or hazardous substances. This is done by removing them or considering a new plan of more efficient waste management.
– Legal: A court decision that is suspended, or simply closing the case before the final decision is reached.
– Taxation: A rebate given under special circumstances such as in aftermath of natural disasters.
Latest posts by Rachel Damianou (see all)
- Time to Make a Will? - 17th December 2020
- Making a Will during the pandemic - 4th September 2020
- A Helping Hand - 19th June 2020
- Dying to be heard - 14th May 2020
- Government considers how wills should be signed in light of the COVID-19 situation - 11th May 2020