Dua Lipa and Warner Music Group are facing a $20m federal lawsuit in Los Angeles from musician Bosko Kante over copyright claims for the song Levitating.
In a lawsuit filed on 31 July 2023, Kante claimed Dua Lipa used a talk box recording, made with a device worn around the neck that lets the user shape sounds of a synthesizer or guitar through their mouth, without his permission in three remixes of Levitating.
It’s the third lawsuit regarding the song. In June 2023, a court dismissed a complaint from the reggae group Artikal Sound System. She is also involved in ongoing litigation with songwriters L. Russell Brown and Sandy Linzer.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our litigation solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in the litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Dua Lipa facing fresh copyright lawsuit over hit song Levitating - 5th August 2023
- Budget retailer Wilko on brink of collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk - 3rd August 2023
- Three brothers win court battle with tennis coach sister over mother’s £1m will - 29th July 2023
- Virgin Media O2 announces plans to slash up to 2,000 jobs - 26th July 2023
- Burger van chef wins fight to keep £5m inheritance from customer - 21st July 2023