The 2018 Masters champion and US Ryder Cup golfer Patrick Reed has filed a $750m defamation lawsuit against American television network The Golf Channel and its commentator Brandel Chamblee.
The lawsuit states that Chamblee and the Golf Channel have been “actively targeting Reed since he was 23 years old, to destroy his reputation, create hate and a hostile work environment for him, and with the intention to discredit his name and accomplishments as a young, elite, world-class golfer”.
Reed also accuses Chamblee of “misreporting information” with “reckless disregard of the truth” and that has cost him several multi-million-dollar sponsorship deals.
Chamblee and The Golf Channel have yet to respond to Reed’s accusations.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our litigation solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in the litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Patrick Reed files $750m defamation suit against Golf Channel pundit - 22nd August 2022
- Van Morrison challenging decision to hear Robin Swann libel case without a jury - 8th August 2022
- Sculptor of Birmingham’s Bull Ring statue sued by sons for being left out of will - 25th July 2022
- Prince Harry Seeks Judicial Review Over UK Police Protection - 7th July 2022
- Boris Johnson launches Coronavirus public inquiry - 1st July 2022