Jockey Freddy Tylicki is suing fellow jockey Graham Gibbons in the High Court following Tylicki suffering a life-changing injury when he fell during a race at Kempton Park racetrack on 31 October 2016, which he alleges was caused by Gibbons “taking him off track”.
After getting off the mount, Tylicki was trampled and partially paralysed, using a wheelchair regularly.
If his proceedings are successful, Tylicki’s lawyer claims that it is “worth millions of pounds” and will require an assessment of damages.
The court previously heard evidence from another rider in the race, Jim Crowley. He claimed in the weighing room that Mr Gibbons had a smell of alcohol in his breath, but under questioning he admitted that there were no signs that he was “affected.”
Gibbons had previously been banned for drunk driving four times and was suspended for “trying to give a urine sample from a young rider his own” in 2016.
A verdict is expected shortly.
Our Personal Injury Department has successfully helped clients who have suffered from injury and have successfully secured significant sums of compensation for them. We are accredited by the Law Society as being specialists in this field.
Suffering an injury can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our Personal Injury solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in injury department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- World Snooker Tour threatens legal action against five of its own players - 13th October 2023
- McLaren seeks at least $23 million in damages from Alex Palou - 9th October 2023
- LIV golfer Patrick Reed files defamation lawsuit against Golf Channel and commentator Brandel Chamblee - 1st October 2023
- HMRC files a bankruptcy petition against former Liverpool and England footballer, John Barnes - 27th September 2023
- Millionaire husband and wife accuse their nephew of ‘stealing’ £4million Kensington mews home - 23rd September 2023