Jockey Freddy Tylicki is suing fellow jockey Graham Gibbons in the High Court following Tylicki suffering a life-changing injury when he fell during a race at Kempton Park racetrack on 31 October 2016, which he alleges was caused by Gibbons “taking him off track”.
After getting off the mount, Tylicki was trampled and partially paralysed, using a wheelchair regularly.
If his proceedings are successful, Tylicki’s lawyer claims that it is “worth millions of pounds” and will require an assessment of damages.
The court previously heard evidence from another rider in the race, Jim Crowley. He claimed in the weighing room that Mr Gibbons had a smell of alcohol in his breath, but under questioning he admitted that there were no signs that he was “affected.”
Gibbons had previously been banned for drunk driving four times and was suspended for “trying to give a urine sample from a young rider his own” in 2016.
A verdict is expected shortly.
Our Personal Injury Department has successfully helped clients who have suffered from injury and have successfully secured significant sums of compensation for them. We are accredited by the Law Society as being specialists in this field.
Suffering an injury can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our Personal Injury solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in injury department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Apple faces £768m collective action for ‘throttling’ iPhones - 27th June 2022
- Over 6 million Britons involved in land disputes with neighbours - 27th June 2022
- Volkswagen agrees to pay £193 million to around 91,000 British drivers - 13th June 2022
- Jury in the USA rules against Amber heard in defamation suit brought by Johnny Depp - 9th June 2022
- Muslim Dating Site Muzmatch Loses Trademark Case Against Match Group - 21st April 2022