The Crime Survey for England and Wales showed that 1.6 million women and 757,000 men had experienced domestic abuse between March 2019 and March 2020, with a 7% growth in police recorded domestic abuse crimes.
Although there is limited official data so far on the impact of lockdown on domestic abuse, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) report that in mid-May 2020, there was a 12% increase in the number of domestic abuse cases referred to victim support. Between April and June 2020, there was a 65% increase in calls to the National Domestic Abuse Helpline, when compared to the first three months of that year.
During the lockdown did you suffer abuse at the hands of your partner. If so, you might be entitled to compensation.
Our Personal Injury Department has successfully helped clients who have suffered from injury and have successfully secured significant sums of compensation for them. We are accredited by the Law Society as being specialists in this field.
Suffering abuse can have serious implications on you and your livelihood. Our Personal Injury solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in injury department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Palace aides ‘could launch legal action against Harry and Meghan’ - 6th September 2021
- Johnny Depp handed small victory in US Court as part of his defamation lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard - 25th August 2021
- PSG confirm £1m-a-week contract for Lionel Messi - 13th August 2021
- Rise in domestic violence during Covid-19 lockdown - 2nd August 2021
- Rebekah Vardy is sues Coleen Rooney for libel over her “Wagatha Christie” statement accusing her of leaking fake stories. - 9th July 2021