Rebekah Vardy has succeeded in a bid to strike out parts of Coleen Rooney’s defence which included allegations of Mrs Vardy’s close relationship with The Sun newspaper and her alleged, but denied, authorship of “The Secret Wag” column in the latest part of the ‘Wagatha Christie’ High Court libel case.
However, the High Court refused to issue summary judgment to Vardy to end parts of the libel battle.
Mrs Rooney had posted a series of “false stories” about her private life on Instagram in 2019, in a bid to find the friend she suspected of leaking stories about her to the media.
Mrs Vardy, who is married to Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy, denied leaking stories and brought a libel action against Mrs Rooney.Get involved in exciting, inspiring conversations with other
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our dispute resolution solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811 (Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- BT to axe up to 55000 jobs by 2030 as it pushes into AI - 31st May 2023
- What is the Renters’ Reform Bill? - 22nd May 2023
- Motivational speaker loses battle for insurance to pay neighbours £530,000 over boundary dispute - 12th May 2023
- More than 900 people affected by Grenfell Tower fire settle claims - 19th April 2023
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023