Clint Eastwood is suing companies based in California, Florida and Michigan alleging offences include trademark infringement and false endorsement to sell products containing CBD, an ingredient derived from the cannabis plant.
Online scammers claimed the actor had retired from the film industry, according to two lawsuits filed in California, and was now focusing on his CBD business.
However, one of the lawsuits states: “Mr. Eastwood does not have, and never has had, any association with the manufacture, promotion, and/or sale of any CBD products.”
According to one of the lawsuits, the alleged offences “amount to a wilful and conscious disregard for Mr. Eastwood’s rights and are intentionally designed to capitalise on the goodwill, recognition, and fame” associated with the actor.
He s seeking millions of dollars in damages with lawyers saying it would be “sufficient to deter unlawful conduct by defendants in the future”.
Suffering a dispute can have serious implications on you and your livelihood and reputation. Our dispute resolution solicitors will quickly and efficiently put your case together and act on your behalf. Call Vijay Srivastava or Shalish Mehta in our civil and commercial litigation department on 0161 624 6811(Option 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We can advise you on the appropriate course of action and assist with any legal documents or proceedings that may occur.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: UK government gives Pfizer legal indemnity to protect it from being sued - 3rd December 2020
- Harry Dunn’s parents lose high court legal challenge over immunity case - 3rd December 2020
- Dementia in Football: Taskforce to be created by PFA to examine issue of brain injury diseases - 2nd December 2020
- Economy Adviser initiates legal proceedings against the government over the closure of hospitality venues - 24th October 2020