The government has begun work on closing down regional Probate Registries and moving the service under one roof. The first centre to close will be Birmingham at the end of August. Questions are being asked as to why probate services are being cut when the government has plans to increase probate fees. Ministers insist the new service will improve through bringing together shared expertise ultimately at the Courts and Tribunal Service Centre in Birmingham.
However, for many people this will raise concerns with the removal of the face to face service. Probate can be applied for on line but for many people, at this already stressful time, the ability to speak to someone in person, is really important.
If you are dealing with probate and need help and guidance, the wills and probate team at Wrigley Claydon will be happy to help. We offer a free initial consultation. Please call Rachel Damianou or Jyoti Patel on (0161) 624 6811 (option 3).
Latest posts by Rachel Damianou (see all)
- Time to Make a Will? - 17th December 2020
- Making a Will during the pandemic - 4th September 2020
- A Helping Hand - 19th June 2020
- Dying to be heard - 14th May 2020
- Government considers how wills should be signed in light of the COVID-19 situation - 11th May 2020