New Balance has won a record payout in a Chinese trademark case after three local shoemakers were found to have infringed the brand’s “N” logo.
A Chinese court awarded the US sportswear firm more than 10 million yuan (£1.2m).
It is believed to be the highest award to a foreign company in a trademark dispute in China.
The country has been tightening its laws to tackle the widespread problem of trademark abuse.
Trademark advice Oldham
If you have a brand, something you have invented, or an original piece of work that you have written and someone infringes your rights we can help. We can assist you in securing an injunction and/or damages or account of profits and the delivery up and destruction of the offending item. If you have been accused of infringing someone’s intellectual property rights then we can also help by raising various defences and minimising your liability.
If you feel you have an intellectual property case and need some legal advice then please speak to Shalish Mehta, our civil and commercial litigation solicitor. Please call us on 0161 624 6811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Dua Lipa facing fresh copyright lawsuit over hit song Levitating - 5th August 2023
- Budget retailer Wilko on brink of collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk - 3rd August 2023
- Three brothers win court battle with tennis coach sister over mother’s £1m will - 29th July 2023
- Virgin Media O2 announces plans to slash up to 2,000 jobs - 26th July 2023
- Burger van chef wins fight to keep £5m inheritance from customer - 21st July 2023