New Balance has won a record payout in a Chinese trademark case after three local shoemakers were found to have infringed the brand’s “N” logo.
A Chinese court awarded the US sportswear firm more than 10 million yuan (£1.2m).
It is believed to be the highest award to a foreign company in a trademark dispute in China.
The country has been tightening its laws to tackle the widespread problem of trademark abuse.
Trademark advice Oldham
If you have a brand, something you have invented, or an original piece of work that you have written and someone infringes your rights we can help. We can assist you in securing an injunction and/or damages or account of profits and the delivery up and destruction of the offending item. If you have been accused of infringing someone’s intellectual property rights then we can also help by raising various defences and minimising your liability.
If you feel you have an intellectual property case and need some legal advice then please speak to Shalish Mehta, our civil and commercial litigation solicitor. Please call us on 0161 624 6811 or email email@example.com.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- 6 steps to take when you have a boundary dispute with your neighbour - 3rd January 2024
- Actor Noel Clarke seeks £10m in defamation case against The Guardian - 21st December 2023
- World Snooker Tour threatens legal action against five of its own players - 13th October 2023
- McLaren seeks at least $23 million in damages from Alex Palou - 9th October 2023
- LIV golfer Patrick Reed files defamation lawsuit against Golf Channel and commentator Brandel Chamblee - 1st October 2023