New Balance has won a record payout in a Chinese trademark case after three local shoemakers were found to have infringed the brand’s “N” logo.
A Chinese court awarded the US sportswear firm more than 10 million yuan (£1.2m).
It is believed to be the highest award to a foreign company in a trademark dispute in China.
The country has been tightening its laws to tackle the widespread problem of trademark abuse.
Trademark advice Oldham
If you have a brand, something you have invented, or an original piece of work that you have written and someone infringes your rights we can help. We can assist you in securing an injunction and/or damages or account of profits and the delivery up and destruction of the offending item. If you have been accused of infringing someone’s intellectual property rights then we can also help by raising various defences and minimising your liability.
If you feel you have an intellectual property case and need some legal advice then please speak to Shalish Mehta, our civil and commercial litigation solicitor. Please call us on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- UK High Court rules Health Minister, Matt Hancock acted unlawfully in granting Covid-19 contracts - 5th March 2021
- Qualcomm is being sued over alleged anti-competitive behavior in the UK - 1st March 2021
- Prince Harry settles claim against Mail on Sunday and MailOnline - 11th February 2021
- Retail trading app ‘RobinHood’ faces lawsuit against claims of market manipulation - 8th February 2021
- Liverpool Football Club win High Court Case against marketing firm which introduced them to BetVictor - 14th January 2021