New Balance has won a record payout in a Chinese trademark case after three local shoemakers were found to have infringed the brand’s “N” logo.
A Chinese court awarded the US sportswear firm more than 10 million yuan (£1.2m).
It is believed to be the highest award to a foreign company in a trademark dispute in China.
The country has been tightening its laws to tackle the widespread problem of trademark abuse.
Trademark advice Oldham
If you have a brand, something you have invented, or an original piece of work that you have written and someone infringes your rights we can help. We can assist you in securing an injunction and/or damages or account of profits and the delivery up and destruction of the offending item. If you have been accused of infringing someone’s intellectual property rights then we can also help by raising various defences and minimising your liability.
If you feel you have an intellectual property case and need some legal advice then please speak to Shalish Mehta, our civil and commercial litigation solicitor. Please call us on 0161 785 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Rebekah Vardy suing Coleen Rooney for defamation - 1st July 2020
- New insolvency law to help businesses survive in face of ‘aggressive debt recovery’ during pandemic - 4th June 2020
- Proposed changes to the law that limit the ability to recover compensation following injury in a road traffic accident - 3rd June 2020
- Mercedes-Benz could face legal battle over diesel emissions - 3rd June 2020
- Victoria Beckham’s fashion brand sued by former employee… - 28th May 2020