Birmingham has been ranked as England’s “Crash for Cash” capital by research carried out by Aviva.
Crash for Cash scams are run by fraudsters who manufacture collisions, sometimes with innocent road users, hoping to profit from fraudulent insurance claims.
The research also showed that Oldham was in the top 10 hotspots.
If you have been in an accident and you are suspicious, make sure you take the following steps:
- Don’t admit liability for anything at the scene
- Don’t challenge the other driver directly with your suspicions
- Make written notes of what happened. Take descriptions of the other driver/passengers along with what is said
- Take photographs of the scene and damage to the vehicles. Do it discreetly if you can
- Insist on calling the police
- Check for independent witnesses, but be aware that gangs can plant witnesses as part of the scam
- Report the incident to your insurer as soon as possible and tell them about your suspicions
- Report the incident to the Insurance Fraud Bureau, either through their website www.insurancefraudbureau.org by calling their Cheatline on 0800 422 0421.
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, we can help you obtain genuine compensation that you deserve. Please speak to Shalish Mehta, a solicitor in our civil and commercial litigation department.
Please call on 0161 785 3534 or email Shalish.Mehta@wrigleyclaydon.com.
The following two tabs change content below.
Shalish is an experienced dispute resolution solicitor who joined the firm in 2002 ago upon qualifying as a solicitor and provides a proactive approach whilst retaining the personal touch to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case. He acts on behalf of both private individuals and commercial clients. He can assist and advise at any stage of a dispute including mediation through to court action and injunctions. Shalish is a keen sportsman, regularly playing cricket and five-a-side football and also watching live sport. He enjoys city breaks and takes great pleasure in sampling different cuisines from around the world. Shalish is fluent in Gujarati and will happily represent those for whom Guajarati is the first language, in English. He is also happy to offer his services as a translator to our clients as necessary. What clients say about Shalish: “We feel the service was perfect and found our solicitor, Shalish Mehta, very professional and helpful in all aspects”
Latest posts by Shalish Mehta (see all)
- Former Premier League player, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, sues surgeon for ‘millions’ over ending his career - 20th March 2023
- Daughter tries to evict mother, 82, from £800k home for ‘shouting’ at her young daughter - 20th March 2023
- Paralysed rugby player who sued opponent for £10,000,000 over tackle wins compensation - 6th March 2023
- US Rapper Flo Rida wins $82.6 million in compensation after suing Celsius energy drinks company - 27th February 2023
- Lidl and Tesco in copyright dispute over logo - 13th February 2023