Tickets available via www.manchesterairport.co.uk by clicking on the banner.
Date and Venue:
Saturday, Sept 7th at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester. It starts at 19:30 and will finish at approximately 10pm.
It’s in aid of Medcare, so the proceeds will be going to help the charity. Find more details of how Medcare has helped thousands of families in rural Uganda here: www.medcare.org.uk The Bridgewater Hall has been a costly venue, so we need to fill as many seats as possible in order to make the most money for charity!
The event is also part of the Airport’s 75th Anniversary celebrations, so it would be great to see as many of our colleagues as possible there to celebrate on the evening, and support their singing colleagues! You may even win a prize on the night…
Who will be there?
- 3 other choirs will be singing, along with the Manchester Airport Choir. They are all of the choirs from the BBC TV series ‘The Choir: Sing While You Work’ formed by Gareth Malone last year. They are NHS Lewisham, Bristol Royal Mail, and Severn Trent Water.
- We will also be joined by Ren Harvieu (international-touring singer who has just released a single with Mark Owen from Take That
- Gordon Burns (BBC North West Tonight and The Krypton Factor presenter) will be presenting the evening!
- The Bridgewater Hall is opposite Manchester Central/G-Mex (you can park here if you wish).
- One minute walk to the St Peters Square Tram stop.
- 4 minute walk to Deansgate train station.
- There are also other competitively priced car parks nearby, including Owen St car park, http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/carpark/owen_street/m3/manchester/ , which is £2 a day at the weekend and a 5 minute walk.
There are lots of places nearby that do a pre-theatre menu deal if anyone wishes to make a night of it, including Gio’s Italian – a two minute walk away from the Bridgewater Hall..
We’ve tried this as a choir social before a concert before and it was good value for money. http://www.giosrestaurant.co.uk/
There are also lots of other places close by around the Town Hall / Deansgate / G-Mex area.
- To find out more, head to our website: www.manchesterairport.co.uk/choir
- Standard tickets are £13 (plus booking fee where applicable) and are available via www.manchesterairport.co.uk/choir or directly from the Bridgewater Hall website/box office. www.bridgewater-hall.co.uk