A legal agreement with the landlord (sometimes known as the ‘freeholder’). This tells you how many years you’ll own the property. Ownership of the property returns to the landlord when the lease comes to an end. Most leases are for 999 years and have an annual ground rent of £14.00, payable by the property owner.
Latest posts by Rachel Damianou (see all)
- My Doctor has suggested I need a Lasting Power of Attorney. Why might this be? - 22nd September 2019
- World Suicide Prevention Day - 12th September 2019
- Probate centre cuts and closures - 26th August 2019
- What happens when a couple appear to die together and evidence fails to prove the order of their death? - 15th August 2019
- Living Well – 10th April 2019 - 28th March 2019