A legal agreement with the landlord (sometimes known as the ‘freeholder’). This tells you how many years you’ll own the property. Ownership of the property returns to the landlord when the lease comes to an end. Most leases are for 999 years and have an annual ground rent of £14.00, payable by the property owner.
Latest posts by Rachel Damianou (see all)
- Time to Make a Will? - 17th December 2020
- Making a Will during the pandemic - 4th September 2020
- A Helping Hand - 19th June 2020
- Dying to be heard - 14th May 2020
- Government considers how wills should be signed in light of the COVID-19 situation - 11th May 2020